Each application is treated strictly on its own merit and, so long as it complies with MMT’s basic criteria, is considered by Trustees at their quarterly meetings, normally March, June, September and December. Notification of the outcome of each application is given immediately after each meeting. Grants or donations tend to range between £500 and £10,000.
MMT prefers to support applications:
- for “one-off” capital projects
- for the benefit of the public at large
- that obtain funding from other sources as well as MMT
Examples of some recent successful applications include: community halls to enhance their facilities; hostels, housing associations or care centres for the young, elderly, disadvantaged or disabled requiring equipment; sports clubs for additional equipment; primary schools for computers and the enhancement of art and drama facilities.
MMT does not normally support applications:
- from or for individuals or private companies
- from national charitable organisations unless a specific need arises with the local area
- that should be funded by national or local government
- for running costs, apart from exceptional cases within a 4 miles radius of Stoke Poges